Parents for Education Foundation, Inc. (PAREF)
The PAREF for Education Foundation, Inc. (PAREF) has been constituted as a foundation that provides basic services to schools associated with it. The parents who have gathered together under the umbrella of PAREF share basic beliefs. These are as follows:
- Parents have the primary responsibility of educating their children.
- Total formation has to include virtues and values inspired by Christian ideals that are actively and continuously pursued.
- Freedom and responsibility must go hand in hand in a life of dedicated service to God and others, especially the underprivileged.
PAREF has a specific approach to education in which parents are the primary movers in the education of their children and the teachers perform a collaborative and supportive role to the parents as inspired by the teachings of St. Josemaria Escriva, the founder of Opus Dei. This approach to education is best carried out through home-school collaboration where parents participate in parent formation activities, and all levels of school management receive personal formation to ensure a mutually supportive relationship in educating the students. The approach is personalized.
Features of PAREF Formation
- To foster moral formation founded on the principles of natural law and the Magisterium of the Catholic Church with a delicate respect for the freedom of consciences
- To foster the formation of one’s own judgment and the responsible use of personal freedom
- To achieve a holistic and humanistic and cultural formation appropriate to the personal circumstances of each student through a demanding academic and personal formation program
- To cultivate the spirit of solidarity by encouraging the development of civic virtue, with emphasis on service and respect for the opinions of others
- To foster personal maturity and concern for human values, such as generosity, respect for others, sincerity, hard work, sportive spirit, and care for details
- To demand through the different activities the necessary effort to achieve perfection in one’s work in a way that may yield the maximum output allowed by individual capacity
- To pay particular attention to the values and other relevant manifestations of the Filipino culture
Our school environment is that of a bright and cheerful home, where parents, teachers, students, and staff treat each other as members of a Christian family. Older students are role models to the younger ones. Everybody lives responsible freedom. The atmosphere of serious study, work and discipline is within a family spirit of generous self-giving, sincerity, trust, friendship, and care.
Our school is a learning community that is dynamic, innovative and caring. We set increasingly high standards of performance based on research and study in an atmosphere of warmth, mutual trust, respect, and openness.
Our parents are first and foremost educators of their children. Their home is the first school. Realizing the seriousness of their responsibility, they participate in formative activities that enable them to live as models of wisdom and virtue. In communion with all PAREF parents, they build truly Christian homes, cells of a great society.
Our parents recognize the primacy of their role as parents and first educators of their own children.
They actively participate in their continuous formation. They value teachers as their partners in the integral formation of their children. They demonstrate initiative, generosity, and constancy in all aspects of parent involvement. Consequently, they contribute towards an effective home-school collaboration.
Our students are pious and with a sporting spirit, are honed in the sciences and the arts, and equipped with leadership and interpersonal skills. They serve others, especially the needy. Their zest for learning and virtue is driven by a personal vision of their role in the community, which stems from love of God and a sense of responsibility for the gifts they have received.
Our students uphold the ideals of a Christian. They have strength of character; and are disciplined, responsible, diligent, and truthful. They are protagonists of their own learning. They pursue excellence in everything they do, actualizing their unique potentials. They lead to serve, driven by their genuine desire to reach out to others. Their coherent lives are a constant source of inspiration to all.
PAREF realizes that its best contribution to the community, to the nation and to the world is the gift of well-formed and principled people.
Other PAREF Schools
- PAREF Woodrose: www.parefwoodrose.edu.ph
- PAREF Rosehill: www.parefrosehill.edu.ph
- PAREF Northfield: www.parefnorthfield.edu.ph
- PAREF Southcrest: www.parefsouthcrest.edu.ph
- PAREF Springdale: www.parefspringdale.edu.ph
- PAREF Westbridge: www.westbridge.com.ph
- PAREF Southdale: www.parefsouthdale.edu.ph
- Kindergarten Schools: www.parefpreschool.edu.ph
Visit PAREF’s website here: paref.edu.ph
Your Future Starts Here.
Accepting freshmen, transferees and foreign students.